Wednesday, September 16, 2009

HAPPINESS!

This is the proof! Looks great on my bookshelf! I cannot begin to explain the joy in seeing my book as I ripped the package open yesterday morning. As I said in my post Proof! this has been a goal of mine since the fourth grade, to write a book and see it published. Though I have published a poetry chap book, a cookbook from my former catering business and a book of short stories, poetry, and photography, they were small publications and for a small audience. So this is a really great moment for me! And of course great moments in our lives usually generate great happiness, but I am reminded too of the little things that bring happiness to my life and that have been a part of the entire process of writing, such as the encouraging words from my husband, friends and family, or the little hurdles surmounted along the way. So while the big moments are incredible, it is the small things in life that bring us the most lasting happiness if we will take the time to recognize them and celebrate them each day.

Spend some time in your journal writing about the little things which bring you happiness. Take time to celebrate the small things that bring you happiness and have a happier outlook at all times!

1 comment:

Mary said...

A big congratulations on your book! I have no doubt it will have a huge audience, and that it will speak to hearts and minds in a positive way. I have often thought of writing a book, using my childhood experiences, which were difficult...maybe someday, I'll do it, but for now, journaling has been a great source of growth for me. Thanks for asking about my granddaughter...things are better. I have given her scriptures and other tidbits of encouragement to read every night, and she is realizing that she has to think of all the good in her life, and not the bad. As I talk to her, I think about that too!

Again, I'm so very happy for you in this great accomplishment!

God bless!

Mary