Saturday, October 10, 2009

More about New Mexico happenings!

In the last  post I let you know about the filming of Choosing Happiness After Divorce, with KENW-TV at Eastern New Mexico University, in Portales, NM. It was truly a great experience and I believe I have a show that can be of help to not only women who are divorced, but to anyone seeking happiness. The book signing following the show allowed me to meet new people and see some old friends. I had such a great week, not only with the show, but being with two of my sons and their families. My grandkids are always such fun!
This is Tre, nine years old, third grade.

Emma, who is turning five next week!

And Katie, just turned three!
As I spoke to the different groups and filmed the various shows, I talked about finding your joy in life; for me, the relationships with my children, my grandchildren and all my family, mean so much to me! I celebrate each and every moment I am able to spend with them!

While I was in NM, I also filmed two other programs. Sheryl Borden of Creative Living, seen in 100 different public television markets, invited me to film four different segments with her, regarding the book and the recipes. These will air over the next year. I also appeared on You Should Know, with Don Criss for a short interview. While pregnant with my twins, many, many years ago, he followed my pregnancy on his show through ultra sound, so it was a great pleasure to see him again and during the years I operated a catering business, I had filmed a cooking show with Sheryl Borden, so what a great pleasure to reconnect with them and to have the opportunity now to share my book.

As you think about choosing happiness this week, concentrate on all that brings you joy. Write in your journal about the relationships that mean the most to you. Martin Seligman, in his book Authentic Happiness, suggests you write gratitude letters to the people who mean the most to you! What a great idea and gift to those we love.

Have a great weekend! Choose Happiness!

9 comments:

Charlotte said...

This is very interesting. Great photos. Sometimes our circumstances are not chosen, but choosing happiness is. Thank you for the reminder.

Musings of A Minister said...

Thank you for sharing your experiences. And thank you for encouraging us to be grateful for our families and encouraging us to choose happiness! I look forward to reading and reviewing your book.

Saleslady371 said...

I'm a believer of journaling and I like the writing assignments. Bless you.

Denise said...

Wonderful, wonderful idea sweetie.

RCUBEs said...

I like that "choosing happiness"...that's a great attitude to have no matter what circumstances we are facing. Sounds like you're a busy woman! God bless you and happy SS!

Renee said...

I like your idea of writing gratitude letters to those we love! What a precious gift for them..

www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

It sounds like your week was wonderful. Your book sounds like it will help a lot of people who are hurting.
God Bless,
Ginger

Mary said...

Hi Jane, I enjoyed your post today, both your words and seeing your beautiful grandchildren. I agree that our happiness is not up to our circumstances but is within us,and I'm so glad that the good Lord has shown you what a wonderful life you have to live, and to give. I would love to know when your shows air so I can watch. I'll keep your blog on my blog roll, and hope to visit often.

Blessings to you,
Mary

Regina said...

Wonderful post! We can choose to be happy.
Thank you for sharing.

My "SPIRITUAL SUNDAY POST"
Regina